Added Features or Enhancements:
* Improves wireless connection stability when other wireless signals are present. * Adds a Connect button to the Wireless Music Control menu.
* Enables manual selection of the RF channel.
* Microsoft® Windows Vista® 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2004 or Windows XP MCE 2005.
This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
- THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
- We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
- Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster driver available.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
For Windows 7 Beta, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Sound Blaster X-Fi™ Go!
- Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook
- Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1
- USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Karaoke
For Windows 7 Beta and Windows Vista only
- Sound Blaster Audigy® 2 ZS Video Editor
- Sound Blaster Live!® 24-bit External
- Sound Blaster Digital Music SX
- Sound Blaster Digital Music PX
- Sound Blaster Digital Music
- Sound Blaster Surround 5.1
- Sound Blaster Connect
- Sound Blaster MP3+
- USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX
- USB Sound Blaster Digital Music LX
- Resolves issue of Volume Panel becoming unresponsive after unplugging and plugging in audio device while system is on.
For Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook only
- Restores the missing Speaker icon in Entertainment Mode console.
For USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Karaoke only
- Resolves issue of Wireless Music Control button appearing in Volume Panel.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Beta, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Creative Sound Blaster audio devices listed above
- To install this driver
- Download the .exe file onto your local hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.